Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Direction

My goodness, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted anything. I am shamed by my friend Alison's blog...first for the glorious food, second for the fact that she posts entries daily. I need to get with the program! Well, I think I'll be better now that I have resigned from my job.

Yes, you heard me right. After 10 years....that's since I was 22 (in case you needed help with the math...oops, I've divulged my age)....I have decided to move on. It's definitely bittersweet. My decision is mainly based on the fact that there is no opportunity for internal advancement. The final straw was that my current title and pay are incorrect, a fact with which all of my management has agreed for 3+ years...yet they refuse to correct the injustice.

But I did say this decision was bitterSWEET. There is much to be happy and positive about. There is better opportunity for growth and potential outside of the hospital. And I have decided to pursue avenues in real estate...namely appraising. Yes, I'm aware the economy is, um, well, shaky to put it nicely, and yes, real estate has been the first victim of this catastrophic collapse. However, I've weighed the risks and benefits and feel confident that this will be the beginning of a fabulous chapter in my life, hopefully taking me to great places.

I hope you'll be happy for me. I am!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Girl! I am so happy for you. And as for my blog, I just have WAY too much time on my hands...obviously. :)

I love you and wish you the very best.

Alison