Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Busy-ness


The last couple weeks have been fairly hectic with a number of birthdays.... the first of which was my darling daughter Courtney who turned 1. I can't believe it, my baby's growing up. (See her month-by-month pictorial.) She still doesn't have any teeth, but she toddling around and "talking" all the time. Since the girls' birthday are only a couple weeks apart though, we held off on celebrating Courtney's birthday so that we could host a combined party.

Next I turned the big 3-3...oh yeah. Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family that sent gifts, emails, cards. I didn't have a party, instead went to my friend Julie's birthday bash and had a great time. It was nice to meet some new people! David got me a new Blu-Ray player, but we haven't even had a chance to see the difference.

So yesterday we had the birthday party for the girls. Bridget's 3rd and Courtney's 1st. We hosted a nice 2-for-1 Mickey Mouse themed party, but of course it was still stressful for high-strung me. Everything went well though with all the kids enjoying the Dora bounce house, the pinata, cupcake cake, and even decorating balloons with stickers. I think the kids had a great time, but boy, it's amazing how exhausting it is hosting just 8 kids!

Now it's time to get ready for our trip to Southern California for my step-sister's wedding. My sister is coming all the way from Texas and I am so excited to see her and her family. It's been almost a year since we've seen them... since we flew to Houston last Thanksgiving.

Busy times...but good times to spend with family and friends!

No comments: