Monday, October 19, 2009

Big girl bed and Family pictures

Last Friday, Courtney officially became a big girl with her new big girl bed. There are actually a few more "big girl" milestones to celebrate (like ditching the pacifier and bottle), but one step at a time. We converted her crib into a toddler bed, and when I can keep both girls from jumping on it, it's been a pretty big success.






I guess the real "win" in the evolution to a bed she can get out of, is that she will no longer rip her diaper off in protest when we don't get her out the crib. Just last week she unzipped her footie pajamas and stuffed her pull-up down the side of the mattress and stood there stark naked until I rescued her. That will teach me to try to get in an extra minute of sleep!


Well, now she can come and get me all by herself, although she's more likely to pick up an accomplice on the way. She has done a pretty good job of staying put in the crib at bedtime as well....so fingers crossed for continued success. She is quite proud of the graduation and both girls are enjoying just one more place to play together.






Bridget has been thouroughly impressing me with her new style of artistry. She has been drawing family pictures, and they are simply adorable. I guess it comes with being a mom to just melt over these types of pictures, but when you see the progress, it really is amazing. She wants to display them all over and has been taping them to doors, walls, etc.
I don't really mind... I think the likeness to us all is uncanny!

No comments: